Who are we?
We are 21 international private companies. Together, we employ more than 1.5 million people around the globe. We are already committed to supporting young people by:
- Offering first job experiences.
- Running educational programs to help youth develop the necessary skills to increase their chances to find a job.
- Promoting and supporting young entrepreneurs.
According to the International Labour Organization
- More than 190 million people around the globe are unemployed, out of which 70 million are young people.
- Young people are 3 times less likely to be employed than adults.
- It is estimated that over 60% of the children entering primary school today will have jobs that do not exist yet.
We believe that in many cases traditional education, if available, no longer prepares young people for the current and future world of work. Governments need to create the right conditions, but corporations being on the front line are in a unique position to make a contribution in both emerging and developed countries. Together, we can create concrete plans to drive measurable change.
The Global Alliance for YOUth is a business-driven movement of like-minded organizations passionate about working together to help young people around the globe get the necessary skills to thrive in the world of work, today and tomorrow.
We are convinced that by mobilizing the business community through a Global Alliance, we can help young people on a larger scale and have a bigger impact than we can individually.
Together, we are committed to providing a better future for younger generations. We want to create bridges between today’s context and tomorrow’s skills needs. To ensure that all youth are future ready.
Our Focus Areas
- We aim to provide youth with the necessary knowledge and skills needed to work in the 21st century through learning experiences. We do it by leveraging our scale, resources and network to amplify our impact.
- We support, advocate for and develop educational programs that enable young people to successfully transition from education and training to employment.
- We support young entrepreneurs and promote the Entrepreneurial Mindset
By 2022 we have the common ambition to support 15 million young people, in order to help them build employability skills for the future: Digital, Soft Skills, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Career Advice and Entrepreneurship. This commitment represents an increase from the ambition of 6 million opportunities announced in 2019.
Together we will learn from each other, leverage our networks, build on successes and help young people to navigate the rapidly and ever changing work environment.